When To Change Gear | Learn to drive: Car control skills
- Published on: Thursday, July 21, 2016
- A modern car will have at least 5 forward gears, and if we want to drive safely and smoothly in all road and traffic conditions we will need to understand when to change gear. We will need to consider the speed we are driving at, the road we are driving on, and what we want to do next as it will all influence the gear choice we make. This video will show you what we need to think about when changing gears.
This video covers;
• Why do we need to change gear?
• Gentle driving on flat roads
• When to change down gears
• Missing out gears when changing down
• Approaching T-Junctions
• Approaching roundabouts
• Driving up and down hills
• Accelerating the car quickly
• Driving different cars
If you found this video useful then please click on the 'thumbs up' and 'subscribe' buttons so you are notified when we add new videos.
Car: 2014 Kia Rio 3
Camera: GoPro Hero 4 Silver & Hero 4 Session
Computer: Apple Mac Mini
#AdvanceDrivingSchool #ChangingGear #Manual
- Source: https://youtu.be/LQnnboLuO34