7 Psychological Effects That Rule Your Whole Life

Share
Embed
  • Loading...
  • Published on:  Sunday, June 16, 2019
  • Did you know you could sell a $20 bill for ten times its value? Or that a person you’re physically attracted to may not be as smart and funny as you think? Or that the only reason why there’s this third option on the market is to create the decoy? All these things are called cognitive biases, and they rule your entire life without you even knowing it. Here are some of the most prominent ones.

    Other videos you might like:
    20+ Psychology Tricks to Read Anyone Like a Book https://www.faceclips.net/video/RMPxx71ICxk/video.html
    10 Tricks from a Former FBI Agent to Become 200% Attractive https://www.faceclips.net/video/JxVryHiRnDE/video.html
    12 Things That Ruin a First Impression Immediately https://www.faceclips.net/video/JrbnTZPjg0k/video.html

    TIMESTAMPS:
    Phenomenon of Max Bazerman 0:25
    Decoy effect 2:23
    Halo effect 4:00
    Framing effect 5:00
    Illusion of control 6:05
    Dr. Fox effect 7:45
    Spotlight effect 9:17

    #psychology #humanbrain #brightside

    Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/

    SUMMARY:
    - How hard could it be to take 20 bucks from an MBA student? In fact, Professor Max Bazerman proves it’s easy-peasy. In 2010, he first conducted an experiment at his class where he organized a simple auction: he would give a $20 bill to the student who pays the most money for it. The $20 bill was sold for $204.
    - The only reason why there’s this third option on the market is to create this decoy to make you buy a more expensive product.
    - You may not notice this, but when you see an attractive person, you tend to exaggerate their good traits of character. And that’s the gist of the halo effect.
    - We tend to prefer an option that is described in a positive way. Even if the only other option is absolutely the same, people will likely disregard it because it’s been given a negative description.
    - Although a situation can be completely random, people tend to think their choice somehow affects the results. We like to be in control of everything, don’t we?
    - The positive attitude and liveliness of a person can completely fool a whole audience of highly educated specialists. If you ever heard motivational speakers and got inspired by their ideas… well, chances are that you’ve also experienced the Dr. Fox effect.
    - If you’ve ever felt self-conscious leaving your house in different socks, worrying that everyone would laugh and point fingers at you, you’ve become a victim of the spotlight effect. It’s a psychological bias that basically makes you think too much of yourself.

    Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Social Media:

    Facebook: /brightside/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brightgram/

    5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC

    Stock materials (photos, footages and other):

    https://www.depositphotos.com
    https://www.shutterstock.com
    https://www.eastnews.ru

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For more videos and articles visit:
    http://www.brightside.me/
  • Source: https://youtu.be/Yc6aIH5JgBw
Loading...

Comment

  • BRIGHT SIDE

    BRIGHT SIDE

     5 months ago +144

    Hey there, BrightSiders, do you judge people by their looks or try to learn something about them before making conclusions?

  • Clifford Nelson

    Clifford Nelson

     6 days ago

    Greater capacity

  • Fall Guy

    Fall Guy

     6 days ago

    I probably would have still bought the cheap sd card.

  • Ok Boomer

    Ok Boomer

     7 days ago

    The 2nd option has a 20 % chance of failure which is equal to a 80% chance of success, but! It doesn't say if it's effective at all.

  • Pretzel's Channel

    Pretzel's Channel

     7 days ago +1

    When you said: Your nails aren't properly manicured well.
    I Literally said: I DON'T CARE

  • Mustapha Ait Medour

    Mustapha Ait Medour

     14 days ago

    $30 1

  • Joseph Werek

    Joseph Werek

     14 days ago

    Spotlight effect is cognitive bias where people laugh or giggle, and rubber neck, but might be doing it because of something outside of me. I just assumed I was funny, but then who knows.....

  • Crystal Dawn

    Crystal Dawn

     14 days ago

    $15 one

  • Pedr bont Bont

    Pedr bont Bont

     14 days ago

    128 for 30 as that is good value

  • Pedr bont Bont

    Pedr bont Bont

     14 days ago

    It's not black and white 😂

  • Lola Savage

    Lola Savage

     14 days ago

    Mate, that spot light effect is my life! If I am missing a nail I put my hands in a fist in public until I go to the salon!!

  • higoing00 Designs

    higoing00 Designs

     21 days ago

    Spotlight effect

  • Marcus Hvelplund

    Marcus Hvelplund

     21 days ago

    128 GB

  • Adam-Roblox

    Adam-Roblox

     21 days ago

    being a passenger

  • Mouse Toad

    Mouse Toad

     28 days ago

    My grandfather always said to either buy the cheapest or buy the best, or at least the best you can afford. If you buy the cheapest, and it wears out or breaks, you can upgrade and have not lost as much. If you didn't use it much, you have it and it still is useful. If you upgrade, you now know what features you need or value when purchasing again, and the cheap one served your needs in the meantime. Otherwise buy the best, you will never regret it because it will last or has features or capabilities you may grow into. You will not regret buying it over one with limitations. If you buy an in between model, not be happy because you will either overpay since you only needed the basic one, or you will reach it's limitations and regret not buying the best or at least the best you could at the time. Back then we had Sears with good, better, and best. Things may be more complex today and you may need to choose between models that have different features as none may have them all, so you may need to buy what suits your needs and capabilities as well as budget as bests as you can determine, but generally I find his advice still rings true with most things I buy. When I buy a tool I'm going to use a lot, I buy the best. If I may only use it occasionally or for one job, I buy the cheapest (with functional quality, I try to avoid total junk that may be out there these days). My best tools last a lifetime, the cheap ones I used enough to wear out, I replaced with the best! Some of the tools I use that are "best" were bought by my grandfather, lasting lifetimes!

  • Mouse Toad

    Mouse Toad

     28 days ago

    When I was a teenager I felt I was less likely to be in an auto accident if I drove than if I rode with my friends, but more likely if I drove, than if I rode with my parents or a friend's parent who I considered a well experienced, sober driver. My father preferred me to drive rather than ride with friends as he chose (safety) and maintained my vehicle, trained me to drive, considered me to be mature for my age, and would not let me drive alone even after I got my license until HE was confident in my driving. The reason I felt I'd be less likely to get in an accident than if I rode with a friend was because many of my friends had been in accidents and I had not. Now fast forward 35 years, despite my solid driving record, I often prefer my best friend to drive as I trust his driving and with my work schedule, etc, I am often overtired and my reaction time has slowed down. I have developed bad driving habits from living in the city. I trust my driving more than some of my friends or some of my kids, but feel safer when other of my friends or certain of my kids drive. My youngest just got his license, but he is very law abiding and careful. He lacks experience, but always drives when we go somewhere, to gain experience. Many times we have worked on a house restoration project after work/school and I let him drive in the wee hours as I am simply too tired and feel it safer if he drives. If he is tired and I am not, I drive.

  • Manjeet Kaur

    Manjeet Kaur

     28 days ago

    $30

  • RandomlySet

    RandomlySet

     28 days ago

    I'd get 2x 64gb.... That way if you lose a card, or it becomes corrupt, you only risk losing half the data 😉

  • VitaminGummies C:

    VitaminGummies C:

     a months ago

    This is... Sad....

  • yacine kettab

    yacine kettab

     a months ago

    last one