12 Celebs Hollywood WON’T CAST Anymore!
- Published on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Famous actors Hollywood won’t cast anymore! These celebrities used to be actors and actresses in blockbuster movies but now they don’t get top movie roles
12. Cuba Gooding Jr- Best known for his roles in Jerry Maguire, Men of Honor and for playing athlete O.J. Simpson in American Crime Story, the actor has left us wanting so much more. With his last movie role as Fred Gray in the 2014 Selma, we haven’t seen much of the actor, and we aren’t sure why. Back in 2016. The actor told E! News that he was offered to star in Amistad and Hotel Rwanda but said no. He revealed that he declined because, in his mind, he had the role he wanted to play. When he won an Oscar Award for Jerry Maguire, he didn’t want anything that could parody the face that he like a tagline in a movie. The actor states that he did end up regretting not taking up the roles as he offended a lot of great directors and when that happened, he somewhat faded away. Fortunately, he says he learned his lesson and now considers the director no matter what the role is!
11. Jodie Foster- The actress and filmmaker has delivered award winning performances in iconic movies like Silence of the Lambs and Carnage. She has also starred in the fantasy film Nim’s Island and the suspense thriller Inside Man, but the end of 2000’s we haven’t seen much of the actress. So what happened? Foster has tried to unsuccessfully tried to take hold of a couple of projects in the past years which include starring and directing in a biopic of Nazi film director Leni Riefenstahl, who was not fond of the idea. Since 2010, she has taken few acting roles and focused her attention on directing. She starred and directed the 2011 film Beaver and called the production the biggest struggle of her professional career. The film flopped at the box and received mixed reviews. She is also spending more time with her family, since coming out to the public with her true sexuality, she enjoys a quiet home life. Foster rarely talks about her private life in interviews but has shared that her family is what’s most important to her.
10. Cameron Diaz- The actress and former model rose to fame starring in high profile credits like Charlie’s Angels, and There’s Something About Mary. By 2010, Forbes named Diaz as the richest female celebrity, and in 2013, she was listed as the highest paid actress in Hollywood. But her newest releases started to tank at the box office, and movie like Sex Tape, The Counselor, The Other Woman and Annie received negative reviews and Razzie awards for worst actress. With a slew of unsuccessful films, it seems like Diaz was losing her charisma and chopping blocks which might be a reason why Hollywood hasn’t cast her in any movies. Her last onscreen appearance was on the children’s show Yo Gabba Gabba back in 2015. But that was almost two years ago so what has she been up to? It seems like she’s enjoying the married life but has yet to make any public appearances. However, she is set to reprise her role as Princess Fiona in Dreamworks Shrek 5 which is scheduled to be release in 2020, but we’re still hoping that she appear in another film before then.
9. Hayden Christensen- In the early 2000’s, everybody thought Christensen was going to Hollywood’s next big star. He became a subject of the public eye for starring the Star Wars films, but his post Star Wars movies weren’t big hits and he faded in the background. He became a family man and settled down with actress Rachel Bilson and spent five years away from the spotlight. It wasn’t until 2015 when he returned to the big screen starring in the drama 90 Minutes in Heaven. While many people thought it wasn’t a good decision to move acting aside during the peak of his fame, he stated that he knew the consequences. He told the Los Angeles Times that if time away was going to take a jab at his career, then so be it and if he could climb his way back up then maybe he’ll feel like he earned it.
- Source: https://youtu.be/okiSbm4zaUw